Domain transfer checklist:
- Make sure your administrative contact email is current. (It's where we send your transfer authorization code.)
- Verify that the new registrar will set up your DNS zone files.
Note: If you don't do this, your website and email could go down.
- Cancel Protected Registration or DBP Private Registration (if needed).
- Unlock your domain.
STOP! You must complete the above steps before continuing.
- Start the domain transfer at your new registrar. (We email you to ensure you requested the transfer.)
- Authorize the transfer with your new registrar. (Use the transfer authorization code we email you when you're done here.)
We email you confirmation when your transfer completes, usually not more than 1 week.